View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 07:01 AM   #132
aron

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I think the ministry is focused on a particular aspect as all ministries are - even Paul, who said "Christ did not send me to baptize".
Yes and the brothers who were following Christ before Paul was, encouraged him to remember the poor, which thing he said he was eager to do. But that was Paul's particular focus (Gal 2:10)? Imitate me as I imitate Christ, said Paul (or not, if you have a "different burden")?

Christ did it and preached it, the brothers encouraged it, Paul was eager to take hold, but we may have our own (subjective/selfish) leading? Your Christ is different, right? This is the modern age. Religion is different now. Christ has a cell phone and Google account.

(But women still can't teach because that's the way the Bible says. Society changes but we don't. Always and forever.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbaya View Post
These are all just excuses to disobey the word of God. Have mercy on us, God.
He's not disobedient to the word of God, just focused on a particular aspect. Jesus was focused on one aspect, and Lee was focused on another. So if we, like Lee, don't want to focus on "give to those who cannot repay you in this age" that's fine. It's a pick and choose religion, like Wendy's. "Have it your way".

Or was that Burger King?