View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 04:43 AM   #33
A2Z

Default Re: Sad Funny Ridiculous

Concerning Teaching

LSM Co-workers: In 1 Timothy 1:3-4 Paul told his co-worker Timothy to charge some in Ephesus not to teach things other than God’s economy.

FB poster M: Is this what those verses say?

I Timothy 1:3-4 : Even as I exhorted you, when I was going into Macedonia, to remain in Ephesus in order that you might charge certain ones not to teach different things nor to give heed to myths and unending genealogies, which produce questionings rather than God's economy, which is in faith.

FB poster M: The verse says that teaching “different things” produces questionings rather than producing God’s economy.

FB poster M: So it’s actually the teaching of the correct, accurate, healthy things which produces God’s economy. It doesn’t say to teach God’s economy.

sheeple 9: It says 'to teach the healthy things so that God’s economy is produced'.

sheeples : So…o… what actually is ‘God’s economy’?

sheeple 9: It is the result of teaching healthy teaching (sound doctrine).

FB poster M: Healthy teaching is ‘according to the gospel of the glory of the blessed God’ (I Timothy 1: 11).

FB poster M: The gospel is ‘Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners’ (I Timothy 1: 15); ‘believe on Him unto eternal life’ (I Timothy 1: 16)

Teaching things different from healthy teaching and giving heed to myths and unending genealogies, would produce questionings rather than …
ReV: God’s economy, which is in faith
KJV: godly edifying which is in faith
NIV: advancing God's work--which is by faith
NLT: live a life of faith in God
ESV: the stewardship from God that is by faith
WNT: true stewardship for God, which only exists where there is faith

sheepless: So…o …, ‘God’s economy’ is not a teaching. That’s sooo sad!

SAD.
A2Z is offline   Reply With Quote