View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 06:29 AM   #75
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: I need a church life that isn't led astray!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
To anyone leaving the Local Churches and looking for new Christian fellowship I encourage you to listen through this podcast as there is a large growing movement that's taking over post denominational Christianity called NAR (New Apostolic Reformation). It's basically the westernized version of the Lord's Recovery and just as deceptively unassuming.

As you listen, you'll see how similar this Christian women's testimony is to many LC members' experiences.

Podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYL6ir-GKNk
Wow - thanks for sharing this! I was not so familiar with Bill Johnson and the New Apostolic Reformation (or whatever it's called). But I certainly know people who are basically agreeing with this teaching regarding God always healing ALL the time. The brother presenting the video, Mike Winger, seems to do a real good job here.

The idea that we only have to look at what Jesus did in the gospels as the foundation for the "Jesus always healed, so this is God's perfect will ALL the time" has been promoted by these ones. And I have to say that I was leaning that way too. In fact, I have often said, "Jesus is the clearest image we have of the invisible God."

On one hand I do think that is true, but on the other, what do I do with Paul's thorn in the flesh and verses like Rev 2:22-23, "Behold, I will cast her onto a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her will suffer great tribulation unless they repent of her deeds. Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds"?

So while I still believe Jesus is the fullness of God manifested in the flesh, in Job He does say he brought those things upon Job at the end of the book! The reason why is still the same - He loves us and wants the best (according to the true reality) for us. So the entire Bible is the Word of God does the best job of showing us the real situation.

It appears we may be seeing much more of this so-called NAR movement, as I think it looks quite seductive. (even desiring worldwide revival - if apart from Him - is still apart from Him!) Praise God for His full revelation and thanks again for sharing that link!