Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #170
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Whistleblower

My issue with the LRC is not PL, or Ben M., etc. An individual who sins does not destroy the entire assembly, particularly since the vast majority of saints in the LRC were unaware and uninvolved in PL's sins or BM's, etc.

My issue is with the way in which the LRC dealt with the sins, especially those that did become aware.

What did WL do when he first became aware of PL's sins? How did he act to protect saints serving in the LSM? How did he work with PL for him to deal with his sins? Regardless of how you want to cut it the evidence strongly supports the assertion that WL worked to cover up his son's sins, to slander and discredit any who might know of his sins, and to excommunicate any who would stand for righteousness.

Likewise I don't have an issue with JI and the other elders. They were clearly in a very difficult situation, between a rock and a hard place. If any is going to judge them it should be the Lord. Perhaps they could have done a better job, I don't know. What I do know is they took this seriously and acted to deal with the sin.

My issue is with the puppet elders who took their place and wrote an apology letter to PL because "it pleased WL".

In the world if a person in authority like the FBI or College President, or key Olympic official is aware of allegations of misconduct they need to take responsibility. You can claim that you are not responsible right up to the moment you learned of the allegations. From that moment on you will be held accountable for how you act. If further misconduct takes place after you have learned of the allegations then that may be held to your account.

I have not heard any evidence that WL or other key elders were involved in sexual misconduct, however I have heard evidence that their actions after learning were not without reproach.

In this recent Olympic scandal I am most impressed with one girl who was 17 when she made her allegations. It took 14 years for others to finally do their job and convict this guy, but she stood her ground for 14 years.