View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #388
Evangelical

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Talk about distortion!

Here is what Marvin Vincent really said about I Cor 1.1:
1. Called to be an apostle. See on Rom 1.1. Compare I Tim. 1.1 Not distinguishing him from other apostles. Compare Matt 4.21; John 6.70; but Paul was called no less directly than these by Jesus Christ.
Here is what Marvin Vincent really said about I Cor 1.2:
Theirs and ours. The A.V. and Rev. connect with Jesus Christ our Lord. Better with in every place. Every place in the province where Christians are is our place also. The expression emphasizes the position of Paul as the founder and apostolic head of Christianity in Corinth and in all Achaia.

Vincett said that Paul brought the gospel to Corinth and defended his authority as "founder and apostolic head of Christianity in that city," and as such he defended the gospel against the false apostles and false teachings.

I protested the word "head" because folks like Evangelical would yank it out of context, and place this pseudo-crown on Lee.

And that he surely did.
I did not distort anything. The meaning of the first para you quoted is to say that Paul was no less than the others despite not knowing Christ in the flesh. This is strong proof against those that say only the 12 disciples were the real apostles or that Christ stopped calling prominent apostles after His ascension.

The second part is the same portion I quoted.
It still says Paul was the head of Christianity in the city. Note how it refers to the locality and not any particular denomination thus proving that the genuine church in the city can indeed have a human head. Human heads are not merely for religious organizations as some suppose. And to clatify my view of the term head is not the same as the Catholic or Nicolaitan view.

So I dont know what you think you have accomplished since you have just quoted the same thing as I and it shows that Paul was the head in ALL Achaia.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote