View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 08:58 AM   #5
leastofthese

Default Re: My time with the local church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Welcome. I was wondering are you meeting anywhere right now?
ZNP - My wife and I have visited a few churches after being invited by friends to join them at their churches or home church. As of now, we have returned to the large nondenom church (baptist/calvinistic) that we both attended before meeting each other.

I've moved around a lot as a child and an adult - and have been a part of many churches. One of the biggest concerns I had while visiting the LC (and home meetings) were the lies that Christ and Holy Spirit were not preached/enjoyed/loved/expressed outside the LSM denom. No church is perfect - but thank the Lord that many have members that are being renewed in knowledge after the image of The Creator.

Col 2:16-19
"16Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 18Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, 19and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God."