View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #98
Cal

Default Re: Soon To Be Deleted!

Harold, since I know you're watching I hope and believe you know that I was not being mean. Some of these guys around here are panic-stricken over what I said, but I know you're not because I know you know what I meant.

You said you were going to shut up. I just called that bluff, and a bluff it was. Your comment was snotty and out of line. You're a big boy and you know that.

Every cynic is a closet romantic. And you are a prime example of that. Cynics want us to believe that everything is too corrupt for them. But the fact is nothing is good enough for them, because they are closet idealists. They've raised their standard too high because they've been hurt and don't want to get hurt again.

Whether or not we like it (and we should) God has chosen to work through people. He speaks through them. Some of that speaking is inerrant. We call that "the Bible." Jesus affirmed the whole Old Testament. So if you believe in Jesus, you should believe the OT. Once you jettison the Word, or start picking and choosing which parts of it you are going to believe, you've left solid ground and are in a dangerous place.

Don't think that you can find truth simply by following "the Spirit." Even Jesus didn't do that. When he was being tested in the wilderness and seemed to even begin to hallucinate, he went back to the Word. That's our example.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote