Thread: Out of Egypt
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #51
ABrotherinFaith

Default Re: Out of Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
-1 ABF, That’s different.... unless you left like LifeGoesOn. See #36
Mentally and spiritually, I left slowly. Physically my family and I left from week to the next. Without word. (But certainly with the Word).

I, like LifeGoesOn, shared my enjoyment from the Word. I wondered out loud in small groups if the footnotes fit with a larger context, not just the few verses provided (or not) to support the point. I asked questions. I kept reading the Word and enjoying. I slowly left the footnotes. I stopped reading the HWFMR because it often time made no sense. At all. None. There was so much twisting and contorting just to make a point. There were so many ellipses, so much left out that just reading it was difficult to follow. The point was made over and over and over without ever being supported, without really saying anything except saying what it was saying what it wanted to say in order to say it again.

And so, one Sunday we were there, and the next Sunday we weren't. Brothers and sisters who had known my parents before they were married, one brother who even married them, brothers and sisters who have known me since I was born were silent. And that is the silence I heard echoing in your question.

Your question, the one I quoted, was unintentionally rhetorical in a revealing way.

I think, correct me if I am wrong, you were saying you wouldn't expect the elders to call, to ask (in short to care) because of the way LifeGoesOn left.
Your question, "Did you expect them to?" reveals the lack of expectation of care, of patience, of love, of shepherding, of kindness, etc that is par for the LC as soon as anyone questions, even in a searching, genuine way, the writ of Witness Lee.

What do you think of the Elder's reactions in the case of LifeGoesOn (just based on what you know from here), and in my case?
ABrotherinFaith is offline   Reply With Quote