Thread: Lee's Trinity
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #30
Evangelical

Default Re: Lee's Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Brother Evangelical,
The quote you provided does not back up Witness Lee's non biblical teachings, in fact this quote backs up the orthodox, biblical understanding.

Let me ask you a question. If God is Spirit (John 4:24 - The Recovery Version uses a Capitol "S" as do most modern versions), then why did Jesus Christ have to "become" the Spirit? Are there two Holy Spirits...one that God already was, and one that Jesus became? This is not a trick question, and it is open book...you can sneak a peek at the Live Study of John if you want!

No hurry, get back to us whenever.

-
Like Lee believes, the quote says that the Godhead, Elohim, became flesh. To say that only the Son became flesh is incorrect.

I know the answer to your question without looking at the life study, and it is simple common sense - it is because for Jesus to get inside of us He had to become the Spirit. Think about this logically - the only way the Spirit of Christ could dwell in us is if the Spirit became the Spirit of Christ. If Christ did not become the Spirit then it would not be Christ indwelling us but the pre-Christ, "old testament" Holy Spirit. Paul could not have said "Christ dwelleth in me" unless Christ became the Spirit. Think about it.

Many Christians implicitly acknowledge that Christ became the Spirit whenever they say that "Jesus lives in my heart". It does not make logical sense to say that "Jesus lives in me", if the Father and Jesus are in Heaven and the "Spirit which is not Christ" is on Earth indwelling people. I have come across "Christians" who believe the Spirit lives in them but they cannot say that this Spirit is the Spirit of Christ because they are afflicted by a deceiving anti-Christ new age "Spirit of the Universe" or something like that. This false doctrine is the fruit of a doctrine which says that Christ is not the Spirit.

The anti-Christ movement loves to spread the false doctrine that the Spirit and Christ are separated. Another false doctrine is the belief that the "Spirit of Christ" is just a metaphor. But the spirit of a person is not a metaphor but the person themselves.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote