View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #29
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Why don't Current LC Post Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
I completely agree with you about why LCers do not come and post. But I think we should try to help them in that situation in order to encourage more of an atmosphere of active "dissent" amongst LC members--many of whom have real problems with the LC but would never say so openly (I know this from a lot of experience and dialogue with others). I guess I am less interested in having a good debate forum frequented by a handful of ex-LC members than I am in having a wider space where many active LCers can work through their problems and questions in the context of a supportive online community, and even post information about what is going within the LC on a day-to-day basis.
I wanted to bring this post back to the forefront. I'm hoping Koinonia and others out there might expand upon what he has posted here. God knows that I've always hoped and prayed that this could actually become "a supportive online community" of sorts. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that my shortcomings as an administrator and moderator, along with the generally antagonistic atmosphere that can develop between current and former members of any movement, has greatly hindered this kind of atmosphere from developing on the forum.

Maybe we can set up a separate "page", like I have done for "Alternative Views", that would largely be dedicated to communication and fellowship between current members. Any strong or rancorous postings regarding the teachings, practices and history of the Local Church would be restricted. A current Local Church member could be installed as a moderator. Of course anybody who chooses to participate on this forum page will be perfectly free to participate on the main forum as well.

Let me know if this sounds like something that has potential to bring some current members to the forum. I'm open to just about anything that can foster open communication and fellowship.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote