View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #72
Drake

Default Re: Now's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
Oh, thanks. I stand corrected. You are right about the redemption. He redeemed us, not our sin.

Back to the question, if Satan did not know, why did he want to stop Jesus in Mat 16:22? Even if he did not know before Mat 16:21. Now Jesus spoke about his plan and Satan certainly knew Jesus would not lie. So should Satan have known after this?
That is in interesting question, ALB.

Jesus did tell His disciples everything that was going to happen to Him. Did Satan find out at that time what Jesus' plan was? Did Satan upon hearing this plan enter Peter in a similar way he entered Judas to thwart the Lord's intention?

Its plausible but I don't think so and here's why.

If Satan knew of the plan of redemption he didn't need to stop it by using Peter... he could have stopped it by calling the Romans off or changing the minds of the chief priest so they never prosecuted Him. There is a verse that says something to the effect of "if the powers knew that the Lord was going to the cross..." . Well, I cannot recall it.

Anyway, I think then that Peter being called Satan was because his mind was emulating the mind of Satan... operating in the flesh, the good flesh mind you, but still operating not according to the things of God but the things of men.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote