View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #1
Adam

Default Greetings from a current LC member

Greetings from a member in the Body of Christ!

First, I wish to thank UntoHim for his labor in managing the website and discussions. As I mentioned to him earlier I found the discussions enlightening and I believe this is a great service to the Lord for former and current members.

Second, I wish to thank all the members for “sharing” so much of your past and present experiences in the Lord and supplying/contributing verses from the Bible accordingly and appropriately.

UntoHim said sometime ago:

“There are a few current LC members who participate. We would be happy and honored if you would consider registering and participating as much as your time and interest allows. We welcome EVERYONE, current or former members, but we especially want and NEED current members...even if they only want to come and "straighten us out"!

I am a current member (in the LC), so as you can see I cannot give a detailed testimony, for obvious reasons, implying that there may be some truth (if not a lot) to what is mentioned (shared) on this forum regarding the participation of current members. But I am not here to “straighten you out” for I believe what UntoHim said,

“We are (hopefully) all citizens of the same Kingdom, the Kingdom of God. This is the most basic, unbreakable relationship we have with each other as Christians - as joint heirs of the Kingdom of God. I think if we former and current Local Churchers can somehow, some way keep this relationship . . . .”

I realize this is wishful thinking (although I hope -- no I pray -- that I am mistaken!) as UntoHim also said,

“There is little doubt that there is a substantial wall between current and former members of the Local Church Movement. There is also little doubt that current members believe that it is us, the former members, who have erected the wall, while we former members believe that it is they who have put up the wall.”

I believe the “substantial wall” mentioned here is an attack set up by the enemy to divide God’s children. However, I agree with UntoHim when he said, “ If we really care for the people on the other side of the wall, we will treat them with the dignity and respect they deserve, and which God calls us to give to all men, "especially to those of the household of faith" (Gal 6:10)

I wish to encourage you all to continue to really care (by shepherding, sharing, with love and compassion) for people on BOTH sides of the wall, and treat them with the dignity and respect they deserve, and which God calls us to give to all men. . . “to do what is good toward all, but especially toward (to) those of the household of (the) faith.” (Gal 6:10)

Amen.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote