View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 07:49 PM   #37
Ohio

Default Re: Boxjobox on modalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxjobox View Post
Have you considered that if the apostles were setting Jesus up as Jehovah of old you would have the Jews doing more than throwing dust in the air and renting their clothes?

By saying we are supposed to make some quantum leap from the gospel to a Jesus is Jehovah belief, to me, seems like a dereliction of duty on the part of the Holy Spirit and a shortage of revelation on the part of the apostles. Sorry, bro, I’ll stick to what is the gospel message. I’m quite happy to know that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God.
John began his Gospel with the absolutely incredible statement (1.3) "All things came into being thru Him (Jesus Christ, the word of God), and apart from Him nothing came into being which has come into being."

The Jews knew distinctly and specifically who their Creator was. Isaiah (45.11-12) reiterated what they already knew to emphasize his message to Israel: "Thus saith Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, and His Maker: Ask me of the things to come, concerning my sons, and concerning the work of My hands, command ye me. I have made the earth, and created man upon it. I, even My own hands, have stretched out the heavens."

Yes, the Jews reacted. Yes, they thru dust in the air. And yes, they did far more than this, plotting to kill the apostles. They began their murder schemes while Jesus was alive, continued after His ascension, continued with plots to murder the apostles who preached the gospel, and continued in every city the apostles visited. Have you not read?

Last edited by Ohio; 06-26-2020 at 05:17 AM.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote