View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #45
TLFisher

Default Re: John and Bill in trouble from the get-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
LET ME TELL YOU, THE BODY WILL REJECT WHAT YOU ARE THINKING BETWEEN YOUR EARS...AND IF YOU DON’T HAVE A TURN ABOUT IT THEN YOU ARE GONE AND I DON’T WANT TO SEE THAT…YOU’VE GOTTA HAVE A TURN AND I DON’T KNOW IF YOU ARE CAPABLE OF IT…I KNOW YOU NEED LIGHT, I KNOW YOU NEED A LOT OF LIGHT. AND YOU DON’T HAVE IT. IF THE LORD IS MERCIFUL THEN YOU WILL GET LIGHT AND YOU WILL COME AND MEET WITH ALL THE ELDERS AND YOU WILL HAVE A DIFF MINDSET ALTOGETHER
This ties back into an article from PriestlyScribe's website. The name of the article is Group Think: A Sinister Snare for Elders and Congregations Alike

http://www.blendedbody.com/_cl/_audi...tionsAlike.pdf

Light meaning, "Steve, you need to adopt our concepts as your own". The brother has taken out of context what light is. Light is not group think. God is light.
1 John 1:5-10
"This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us."

This brother mentioned the body will reject what Steve is thinking. Once again the body is taken out of context. His thinking is LSM local churches=the Body of Christ. Just like the former Exclusive Brethren brother I spent time with, EB's as with the LSM/LC think they have the pulse of the Body. Not so. The Body of Christ is far more broad and expansive than the LSM brand or the Exclusive Brethren brand. The Body includes Christians meeting in non-denominations, denominations, home fellowships, etc. If Steve's concepts are wrong and to be rejected by the Body of Christ, this brother would have gone next door to the Presbyterian congregation to gain their rejection of Steve.
Go back and read 1 Corinthians 12 & 13. Even if I disagreed what Steve is thinking, OBW, Ohio, Znp, Awareness, and so forth, they are still members of the Body. Because I am part of the Body, I cannot say to them or any other member of the Body, "I have no need of you".
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote