View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Bill W

Default Fellowshipping In His Light

Indiana,if you read the four gospels many times the disciples approached Jesus with many questions.Christ was approachable!For example ,He would explain about the last days to them when they asked and broke down parables to them when they didn't understand them.He never grew weary of them or was afraid they might ask something that would hinder His purpose. Every situation,problem,or unanswered question He was open 24/7.

I read a book about the Brethren Movement that the local church tried to uphold as an example.In their meetings,any saint could openly and freely share anything related to the bible.There initially was absolutely no fear in their meetings and the love of God and for one another abounded.Even if a saint through ignorance or lack of understanding shared a false doctrine,then an older saint would simply stand up and teach,instruct,reprove,and correct the saint in love by His Word.All the saints would get the benefit,and no one felt evil for sharing something off since many saints were still in the learning mode.

I find it a dark thing when you aren't allowed to question anything off among christians.It isn't only evil when your conscience is silenced by fear tactics to express your biblical convictions,but it is unscriptural!Jesus had no problems being challenged,then why should His followers?The Bereans even examined the apostle Paul's teachings under the microscope of the Holy scriptures,and he honored them!Like our Lord,the apostle Paul wasn't afraid to be examined under the Light of His Word.If the LC leadership and all the saints in the LC claim to follow the apostle Paul's teachings,then why don't they follow his practices also?

Finally,it still amazes me that those in the leadership of the local churches want to keep their past "in house".What are they afraid of the truth and Light being shed on their unbiblical practices?God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all!If we are children of the Light and are walking in the Light as He is in the Light,then what do we have to be afraid of?Adam when he sinned hid himself from God.It was sin that causes saints to want to hide from the piercing glare of the truth.This is why I am not surprised that you received no response for your endeavors.I just wonder why you stay and take the abuse when it is clear that they have another agenda other than the seeking of the truth as found only in Christ Jesus and His Word.I personally would flee such a dark situation that quenches life and hinders His love from flowing freely among His saints.

Last edited by Bill W; 09-06-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Bill W is offline   Reply With Quote