View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #14
OBW

Default We’ve Lost our Way

I know that I will probably violate this vow once again, but I really need to bow out. The direction has been lost. The few threads of any merit lie unengaged. The ones that get all the attention are entirely too antagonistic and like a witch hunt to attract the LC crowd.

Which is one of the biggest flaws with this forum. We are all alone here. Except for Paul M, I don’t think any of the true LC crowd has even said “boo.” Pat C signed up, but never posted and never visited after that day. We have no real controversy.

So it appears we have to make it ourselves. At one level, I despise all that the LC has done to rob real Christians of a real Christian life. But I’m not here to hit them over the head with a 2x4. They need to see something that is concrete and cannot be denied. They need to see the real scriptures at the same time that they see Lee’s teaching on it. They need to see the truth about the leaders that they assume are doing a godly thing for them. We aren’t going to convince Benson. We might convince someone who is just hanging on. That one may convince another.

They don’t need to see bands of ex-LCers gathering at the end of the block under a broken street light with bats and lead pipes. Some will say this is not happening. But the lack of outside opposition is deafening. They knew this would happen before the migration began. Some said they would not move because they would not have the same protection. They may have been right.

In any case, I need to let the number of unread posts pile up for a while. I note that the BARM super-moderators effectively killed that site. It is a ghost town. The only thing going on is Steward and her KJV (oops, RecV) non-discussion and Pat is still trying to convince BoxJoBox that Jesus is God. It would be a shame that too much enthusiasm coupled with too much freedom ultimately does the same for this forum.

Remember it may be lawful, but not wise.

For now, it will have to do without me. (“You won’t have OBW to kick around anymore” an approximate quote for you history buffs.)
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote