View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #132
Drake

Default Re: afazio - Spiritual Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
The meaning I had assigned to "countless" is more like "many but uncountable", mostly by virtue of it being an internet forum. Not countless in the sense of the sheer number who have been helped is so vast it is impossible to count, which I don't believe is the case, even though its impact is not insignificant to those who it has helped, and I believe it has helped many. If I'm not mistaken, I think in the U.S. there exists an approximate count of saints, so as you said, if the whole is countable, then the lesser part who leave cannot therefore be "countless" or "uncountable". I had interpreted "countless" as "unable to be counted", since really, we don't have a way of counting, which I think is evident from my posts where I reference people being helped who never spoke a peep here.

But yeah, I don't think we disagree on this, just maybe a slightly different interpretation of a word that once discussed is made clear.

Thanks.
The difference in viewpoint explains the disconnect. I had the Abrahamic view -" look at the stars and see if you count them", or "your seed will be as the sand of the sea".. yours was the view of many but unable to count.

Thanks for that clarification.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote