Thread: Sorry
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
InChristAlone

Default Re: Sorry

Brother Bearbear, personally I am grateful to you for your posts. They've helped me to realize what the LC is.

If you are still looking for the balance that you mentioned in your message to Jane, here are some quotes to ponder:

“If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.”
― Cicero

“Truth without love is brutality, and love without truth is hypocrisy.”
― Warren W. Wiersbe

“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie. "One word of truth outweighs the world.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

John 7:14-18
About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. The Jews therefore marveled, saying, “How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?” So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

Matthew 24:11
And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.

2 Samuel 23:2
“The Spirit of the Lord speaks by me; his word is on my tongue.

Zechariah 8:16
These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace;

Ephesians 4:25
Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Ephesians 4:15
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ.

Probably, to keep a balance between truth and forgiveness, first and foremost, one must keep love in his heart. I believe you have it.