View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:59 AM   #157
Jo S

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Drake, I understand the frustrations with seeing what's happening within the churches today. I think it's safe to assume all of us here see these things and are saddened by them.

Christianity just means a religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Rather than disassociating yourself from Christianity, why not spread the Lord's love and testimony to places and to people that are struggling to understand the gospel?

Just because I see what other people around me are doing and strongly disappove doesn't mean I'm going to go around pretending that I'm a space alien now.

I learned the hard way where this train of thought leads. It usually starts off with something like, "I'm removing myself from Christianity" then it snowballs into "I'm removing myself from religion altogether" and then before you know it you're embracing a spirituality that is not in line with the truth.

And I'll throw this out there. Criticism can of course be justified but in my own experience when I get caught up in a critical spirit it's just me projecting and avoiding a reality check. I'll let you decide if the same applies here or not.
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote