View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #7
Freedom

Default Re: LordsRecovery.Org Exposing the Christian Cult of Witness Lee's Local Ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Good point, here. Ill-defined and arbitrarily-applied terms like "worldly" versus "proper" become levers for control. But no one questions, even if it begins to strain at absurdity, because no one wants to be "negative".
It really is all about control. What makes matters even worse is that a lot of the rules are unspoken, so when someone does try to protest, there is gaslighting involved.

When I lived in a brothers house, there was a list of rules we had to agree to and sign: no secular music, no movie viewing, video games, etc. What was it that made any of these things wrong? I still don't know. But the rules were the rules. And I think in many cases (such as with myself), we were too naive to know any better, so they got away with calling some things worldly, other things spiritual. It was completely arbitrary.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote