View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #129
awareness

Default Re: From a concerned parent

Brother Kumbaya I started the first video and let it continue thru the next four. And then there was more.

Back in the 1970's, when the lead elder, Mel Porter, came back from Anaheim with what was called "The Flow of Oneness," which was, Christ is on the throne, with the river flowing from the throne, carrying the authority of the throne, to the apostle on the earth, Witness Lee, I saw that as a threat to me following Christ as my head.

I then felt the church was falling into Laodicea and began testifying about our oneness in the Spirit and our oneness in Christ. It took awhile but Mel Porter caught on that I meant oneness in Christ rather than oneness by following Witness Lee.

I stood my ground and Mel stood his. Then the craziest meeting you've ever seen took place, where fist were pumped, and chants of, "If you're not with us get out," over and over again. It was then that I saw I was in a cult. Then Mel pinned me down and told me that if I wanted to go on in the church I had to -- quote "Take his personality as my own, and if I wanted to blow my nose I had to ask him which side first." end quote.

All Mel did there was provide more proof that I was in a cult.