Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 05:59 AM   #268
Drake

Default Re: Whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
Who told you that? How can you possibly know what help this discussion has been to victims? Are you in contact with them? Have you talked with them and they told you this topic doesn't help them? The decision on what to do next is theirs and theirs alone. Not yours. Your opinion on what they should do is irrelevant. I think they should do whatever they feel is the right thing for them. I would never violate their will again by doing something apart from them. Additionally, I cannot reasonably report a crime I did not witness. In fact, I'm reporting a crime to those who will one day rule in the next age in righteousness.

It is the abused women who have the option to report any crimes against them should they choose to do so. I cannot even imagine the horror they went through, and the consequences they live with possibly to this day.

You apparently you think this is about YOU and your opinion about what should be done. Your opinion seems to be more for sake of your argument rather than concern for these abused women, those who abuse women, the church, Body of Christ, and our God who is Holy and Righteous.

Nell
Nell,

Victims of sexual abuse do not often have the wherewithal, courage, or they have been made to feel shameful to report it for themselves. So if you know of a crime happening you should facilitate its reporting through the proper channels on their behalf else it just continues. You do not have to witness a crime to report it.

The problem I have with your accusation is that it is communicated through the wrong channel to have any effect and you broad brush everyone in the group. That will not help the victims of crime and it is slanderous and libelous to the vast majority believers in the Lords Recovery who pursue the Lord in a holy and upright manner of living. Your attempts to cast the Lords Recovery as practicing rampant sexual abuse is a gross mischaracterizing to serve the interests of people in this forum, not actual victims.

Nell, I’ve made several attempts to find common ground and assumed you really wanted to help victims of sexual abuse. But your rancorous responses reveal a different agenda else you would have gladly received the support of someone you consider a forum adversary. Or perhaps there really is no crime to report. You are possibly not making a distinction between a crime and immorality and just lumping them into one big “unrighteousness” bucket.

Lastly, you do not have a corner on the market for this topic. You are not an informed expert and your approach indicates a lack of understanding how to handle such situations. I know, because in a workplace setting I have been trained to recognize this and have been involved in steps to resolve a few situations. No, this is not about me, rather it is about taking tangible steps to intervene on behalf of actual victims vs. a kind of tabloid reporting.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote