View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #51
Betsy

Default Re: From a concerned parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
The key is not to pry, but to continually hold forth the Christ that you see, beckoning you forward. Whatever info your lr has about "the Lord's move", so-called, will begin to jar against the Christ plainly revealed in scripture.
You are so right but it's hard since I'm a pryer and curiosity is my bottom line. I'm also learning as fast as I can to hold forth the Christ I see......last night at a meeting, they were talking about maintaining oneness in the church, and I said this oneness has nothing to do with uniformity or conformity in our life on earth, and they gave an enthusiastic Amen! Oh well, I'm learning.

Aron, I quoted part of your response from today in another thread and sent it to lr, and she immediately wanted to know where I got it.

>>Christ is indeed the answer; He's surely the Way........this way is a path, while here on earth - see e.g. Matt 4:19: "Come, follow Me". The way is not a fixed place, or static object. Even as you approach this One, of Whom Moses and the prophets wrote, He recedes before you, inviting you to follow. This is His way of going before, and leading you back home to the Father.<<

I changed the subject without giving a real answer since I surely cannot reveal this site yet -- I'm trying to be as subtle as needed.

A little, or big difference I've noticed between reading on this site and the FTTA-online is that the way the Bible verses are presented in the latter discourages looking them up, whereas here, I feel compelled to look up all the Bible references. Not sure why that would be?
Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote