View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
Ohio

Default Re: In need of advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Beginnings View Post
Also, is there a way I can open the eyes of my husband to the contradictions in the LC in a nonjudgmental, loving way?
Personally, I needed many years of questions nagging at my heart. These were the discrepancies between what we were promised by the ministry and what actually was happening, in a word, all of the broken promises that had been accumulating for years. For example, watching scores of marriages crumble around me. How can I continue to blame all this on the devil? Where are all the promises of His rich blessings by our stand for "His testimony of oneness" in the LC's?

I know many of us in the Great Lakes Area (before we were quarantined, and about the time I left) found the instructions and practices for our families to be unhealthy. LSM talked about the "pipeline" which would usher our children into their FTTA and full-timer service. How has that turned out for those who went? How are they today? Did the FTTA really help their growth in Christ? Years ago the GLA leaders tried to obtain unbiased followup statistics, and LSM balked at that. Why?

New Beginnings, your children are younger, but your husband may still think LSM's programs are healthy for his kids. Every father wants his church to help his children's faith. How well are the older children in your LC doing? Has LC teachings prepared them for the world in high school and college? If the LC/LSM has not been good for the children in other families, how can you expect anything different for yours?