View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #18
countmeworthy

Default Re: My Views and Stance on The Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I had many friends in the LC's, yet I also watched many depart over the years due to abuses by leaders taking the place of true shepherding care. I kept holding out thinking that improvement was just around the corner, only to be disappointed once again by false promises. Let me give you an example from 2004.

Once I learned about ole Vern's true colors, I knew it was time to depart. One time I caught him lying in the meeting, and I challenged him on it, yet the elders said not a word.

I was gone but most of my friends stayed in the LC. The battles between Anaheim and Cleveland took center stage in all the meetings. The elders had to make sure the local LSM-faithful could not win a lawsuit and get the meeting hall. Six months after I left one of my best friends took his life. He was "assigned" to Vern's small group. He was in the LC close to 20 years. He walked to the cemetery and shot himself.

God will avenge and God will judge. We all know Judgement comes first to the house of God beginning with the leaders, the 'shepherds' and the shepherds. May it come soon. For now, how heartwrenching to hear of yet another disillusioned believer lose all hope for living and take his life. I have heard of many men/women and even young men/women in the LRC take their lives. How the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit must grieve.

Blessings all..may we never give up Hope, Faith and Love.

Carol G
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote