View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 07:40 PM   #76
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - who emphasizes this besides the LC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
I'm convinced that eating and drinking Christ is something beyond just a mental comprehension, and is something of the Spirit that actually nourishes our spirit deep within. Many times, it seems, this nourishing is something that's connected to my mouth, that is I often get more fed spiritually, when speaking the word or singing or praying aloud.
Boy has this thread spiraled out of control! Who the heck is the moderator around this joint? I hope he does't quit his day job...what? This IS his day job? Lord have mercy!

I thought it started off with a pretty straight forward, simple proposition as given by Sons to Glory. At some point I recited the well-known lyrics to a couple of still popular Local Church songs:
"Hallelujah eating Jesus is the way!", and "We have found the way to live by Christ - Pray His Word and call His name!" These lyrics fit perfectly in with the teachings and practices of the Local Church of Witness Lee that I have been intimately familiar with for about 44 years now. This matter of pray-reading and calling on the Lord shouldn't be controversial around this place. They are the very pillars, the very basics in "the churchlife" of the vast majority of LC members.

What is controversial, in my view, is that these teachings and practices should be considered as biblical. Neither is there any evidence that the early apostles taught, or that the early church practiced anything like what has been taught and practiced in the Local Church of Witness Lee for close to 50 years now. No one on this thread has provided one verse. No one on this thread has provided one shred of evidence that any other significant and legitimate Christian group throughout church history has taught and practiced pray-reading and calling on the Lord as it has been taught and practiced in the Local Church.

I'm not the one that opened the Pandora's Box of "many posts and members discredit and throw out many biblical topics and practices, just because they were emphasized or practiced in WL ministry." That would be my esteemed and valued brother Raptor. However when I asked him to give us some concrete examples he flew the coup on us. Come on bro! I was really hoping that you would put those deadly talons to work and dig up some strong biblical and historical evidence to support the Local Church practices of pray-reading and calling on the Lord.

And your equally esteemed and valued brother Ohio has not helped the cause I'm afraid. "Are you saying that the practice of "pray-reading" in the LC's was perfectly homogeneous across the US?" That's weak, my brother, really weak. No one is asking if these practices were perfectly homogeneous, I'm just asking if they are perfectly biblical. Hey, even slightly biblical will work for the time being. Equally as important, in my estimation, is where is the evidence that pray-reading and calling on the Lord (AS IT IS TAUGHT AND PRACTICED IN THE LOCAL CHURCH) ever been taught and practiced in recorded church history? If these are such high and grandiose "recovered truths" then point us to where and when they were recovered from.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote