View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
Ohio

Default Re: Testimony of Thomas Shou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShou View Post
Every brother and sister in the LC had to take a stand about Bro Lee at that time! Were you pro-Lee or Con-Lee; Pro-Lee translated into being 100% absolute allegiance to Lee and his LSM teaching ministry! That was my first sign that Brother Lee and LSM had become too authoritarian and controlling over the LC churches and saints and deliberately made himself and his ministry a point of division in the LC movement. Lee/LSM were clearly trying to purge the leadership and LC movement of dissenters who were not 100% loyal to him ala the terrifying Communist/Fascist party purges of the past. So, I knew he had completely gone off the deep end with the LSM and therefore I could not take a pro-Lee stand. I knew the question of allegiance to ANY man or ministry no matter how gifted and helpful to the Body was a question that should never be asked in the Body of Christ and I knew that Lee could not be the ONLY voice of God on the earth after being exposed to many other non-LC powerful Christian ministries and voices during my Reed College years that touched upon teachings and doctrines Nee and Lee never talked about, such as supernatural healings, tongues, miracles, CS Lewis’ more cerebral apologetic teachings, etc.
Quite an impressive realization for Thomas Shou, a 21 year old student, to make. During this time period, I was surrounded by brothers 2 to 3 times his age and none of them had a thought like this. The most spiritual among them asserted that Lee was "exercising his apostolic authority" when confronting those at the time who were said to blow "cold winds" on his ministry.

Thus the Midwest LC's remained staunchly loyal to Lee throughout this "storm." We were sheltered within an hermetically sealed cryovaced information bubble like the way Omaha Steaks ships their products. After TC was excommunicated, and I learned the actual events of history during this past "storm," I felt there was a touch of karma for what he had done to coverup the criminal activities at LSM.