View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #11
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Trapped... Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsure View Post
@everybody: thank you all for the advice given. I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

@HERn: I guess I could have phrased what I meant by the whole loans thing better. My family is actually very well-to-do and assuming relations between me and them stay friendly they would be more than able to finance my education; my concern was more about getting the financial rug pulled out from under me if I made a move too soon (and due to my background, I probably wouldn't qualify for some of the kinds of grants you mentioned)
Hi Vincent,

There's a lot of excellent advice here for you. When I was on my way out, I began to write. I kept a journal and have never stopped writing. I told the Lord exactly how I felt about what was going on inside of me, and what I was seeing. The valuable thing about this is reading back over "then" and comparing to "now". The changes in me and my life were/are amazing. Sometimes I think "who wrote that?" Having a written record of how God made you into the person you were meant to be will be a real blessing to you.

Every day, thank Him for this time in your life that your eyes are being opened. Write what He shows you in your story. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God for you. This is not easy. It may take you awhile to get to this point. It was pretty much the hardest part for me. It may also be hard for you to read the Bible. If you can, just read it like a book.

Why do you want to leave? Did something happen that caused you to begin to see things differently? Write it down.

Blessings to you, and peace--
Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote