View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 07:15 AM   #44
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Practice of Deputy Authority in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Fitting verses for this thread Nell. In local church practices especially with this damaging teaching of deputy authority, it's really alien to a normal Christian. You would have to take Isaiah 5:20 and apply it to the local church leadership.
Submission one to another? It's not happening. In their view submission is only in one direction.
Clothed with humility? Clothed with pride is more appropriate for those who embrace the deputy authority teaching.

If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.
For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them. I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against Me.’ From now on I am telling you before it comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”
John 13:14-20

Here in these verses from John 13 is an example of serving through footwashing. The deputy authority teaching does not advocate "footwashing", but to be served.
Terry,

I love your point. Jesus came, not to be served, but to serve. There's a really nice song titled "The Servant King". He washed the feet of his disciples. I'm sure there are instances of the deputies washing the feet of the saints, but by far, the remaining memorable moment in my LC life would be the one I described.

The Servant King
From heaven you came helpless babe
Entered our world, your glory veiled
Not to be served but to serve
And give Your life that we might live

This is our God, The Servant King
He calls us now to follow Him
To bring our lives as a daily offering
Of worship to The Servant King

There in the garden of tears
My heavy load he chose to bear
His heart with sorrow was torn