View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #9
countmeworthy

Default Re: Concerns about the Local Churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I showed a local church brother this in Revelation 2 and 3 one time and he said, “We don’t care for angels here. Angels are just messengers”. So I showed him the part where it said, “I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to the churches” in Revelation 22:16. He wasn’t impressed, and then he said I was confused and trying to distract people.
HORROR of Horrors Aron !! I just shared with esostaks Psalm 91. (Which by the way, I read every day for the past 7 days, 7 x a day!!) It is personal why I made this vow to God last week but I did.

That they are JUST messengers??? NO! They are messengers but they are also ministering spirits that GOD has assigned to watch over us!!

Quote:
All the angels are not ministering spirits who serve God and are sent to help for them who are heirs of Salvation? (Hebrews:1:14)
Hey I am very thankful for my angels and I have even asked the LORD to bless them as early as yesterday for doing a great job of watching over me and protecting me! Now who does that ??? I may be an oddball but I really have a great appreciation for my angels and not ashamed or embarased to let it be known! They have saved my life many a time. Yes I know Jesus Christ and His Spirit truly saved me from being in car accidents or being mugged but God tells us they are assigned to us in Psalm 91. Oh...never mind...Lee didn't care for the Psalms did he? And neither do the LCrs. Just to be clear, nevertheless. I do not worship them nor do I think of them every day!

I bet you a nickle. hee-hee if LEE would have emphasized to be grateful for our angels, the LC would CARE!

Quote:
Now, I’m not interested in angels of themselves
Well I am. I am looking forward to meeting my angels one day and thanking them personally for taking good care of me. Of course, I am more excited to meet my Creator face to FACE bowing down, kissing His Feet declaring Him my Lord of lords and King of kings with a heart filled with gratitude and thanksgiving!!!! May I be counted worthy to rule and reign with our Lord & King Jesus !!

From the Expanded Translation--Psalm 91:11-12
He has put his angels in charge of [ commanded his angels/messengers concerning] you
to watch over [keep; guard] you wherever you go [ all your ways].
12 They will catch you [lift you up] in their hands
so that you will not hit your foot on a rock [Matt. 4:6; Luke 4:10–11]

Now aren't those comforting Scriptures? If God did not want us to take an interest in them, He would not have assigned us to us or would have TOLD us He has assigned angels to protect us !!!

And on that note...loved your responses to our friend in Christ, esostaks.

Blessings,
Carol G
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote