View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #81
Evangelical

Default Re: From a concerned parent

I'm alleviating their concern by pointing out that reading the morning revivals is not the intention of them. It's a sign of degradation to Catholic-style liturgical service and I don't know any elders who do it, as examples to the flock. I'm agreeing with her that they should not simply be reading the morning revivals. That is frowned upon, always has been. If she reads the introduction of the book and observes that space is provided for one to write their own inspirations, she will see what I'm saying is correct. There is no instruction in the morning revival that people can simply "read them". This is not the expectation. Also, she can look up the many books Lee wrote about prophesying.

If anyone wants to infer that the LC is somehow a cult because some people just read the morning revivals, then I would point out the liturgical practice in all of the major denominations of Christianity - Lutheran, Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican - where everyone will respond to the priest in unison, monotone, all from the same order of service book, every Sunday, every year, is more cult-like (maybe you will agree with me, that's understandable, but a Christian may not).

Call out the Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran and any other liturgical services for "short-circuiting each ones personal connection with God" through pre-written responses to the specially ordained and qualified Priest and not giving people opportunity to use their gifts and functions. I would agree with that.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote