View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #38
Bradley

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbaya View Post
WOW!!! Are you serious? I would say I'm sorry but I can't help but to think you probably dodged a bullet....

It seems like they're in no position to turn people down. Do you know how often they do that?

Maybe if they sense you can think for yourself, you're obviously not going to be a good fit.

No the reason they gave was that I didn't have enough work experience to be able to get a good career at the drop of the hat in case the elders decided to stop supporting me financially. Basically, if I was to serve, I would have been dependent. If I had served for a decade or something, and then they said "okay go get a job", I would have been screwed. So they wouldn't let me serve for my own sake.

That motivated me to learn internet marketing, I taught myself web design and SEO with the motivation that one day I would be able to support myself financially but still have the whole day free to serve the church and the gospel. As it turns out I don't care about the 'church' anymore, hardly even think about the gospel much less preach it, and my online business is just beginning to make money.
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote