View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #912
Evangelical

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
Last week I invited two local church brothers (lower case "b") that I I considered friends to my house for a beer. We r moving and I wanted to tell them that I loved them and was going on with the Lord and was sorry that I had to stop all contact with them as I was exiting the LC. I told them that I did not mean to hurt them, but that me and my family had gone through a traumatic experience. I was hoping for some "blessing", but they never said they loved me or wished me well on my new path. Oh well, I offered closure and asked for forgiveness, they were polite in the LC type of way. They have moved on and so have I.
People don't really have friends in the local church. You considered them your friends, they consider you a brother, not a friend. That is not to say that a brother is worse than a friend, a brother is more than a friend. But a brother is not the same as a friend. The kind of love that is between Christian brothers is something that does not have to be expressed verbally. It is more of a good will kind of love than love between family members.

You know that they do not consider leaving them as just moving to a different address. If they cared about you may have hurt their feelings and they did not feel like giving you a "blessing".
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote