View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #751
Ohio

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
Rhetorically speaking, what is a "blended" and where in the Bible is there such a thing as a "blended"? The Apostles? I don't think they represented a publishing company.
The only scant reference in scripture is I Cor 12.24 which in context speaks of providing more honor to the less comely members of the body of Christ. How ironic it is that LSM actively pursues "good material" in their outreach programs, at the expense of those members these verses are directed towards, with the result that there be no division in the body. How very characteristic it is of LSM to extract one word from the Bible, twist its meaning, and then promote a policy absolutely contrary to that scripture.

Read these verses in light of what we know about LSM:
Quote:
On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary; and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable, whereas our more presentable members have no need. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked, so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. -- I Cor 12.22-25
LSM's use of this word "composed" or in other places translated "tempered or blended" was never intended to be applied to a somewhat mysterious and unnamed group of global leaders at a west coast publishing house, who are accountable to only a dead minister, and not to any living members of the churches they rule over.