View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #24

Default Re: I had a dream. (Full)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
A concept I had encountered of is as follows:

two sisters first met while they were still single in 1963. Fast forward 13 years they're in the same locality raising families of their own, and reconnecting their friendship. At least for one Summer Training taking turns watching their own children plus the other sister's (keep in mind each of these two sisters had 5 for a total of 10 being cared for by a single sister for an evening). Forward to the present. One of the sisters remains in the recovery and the other left in 1990. The one that remains in the recovery does not want contact with the other out of fear she would try to persuade her to leave. So this must be what the concept to be an opposer is.

Prior to moving to the NW in 1993, by their definition I was an opposer since I saw no legitimacy in the quarantines of 1989/1990. Yet I met with a locality for seven years and another one for another year. All that time I did not express my thoughts except through a forum such as this or to a brother who shared the same sentiment. No need to distract from what the Lord's Table is for. No need to stumble another. After I had ceased meeting with the locality I had met with for 7 years, a sister I knew well allegedly made a comment, "I heard Terry is on the internet". What does that mean? All the ocassions I had been in her home as a single brother and later as a married brother, I never made any issues that I have raised on this forum.
As for the fear of persuasion goes, we're all brothers and sisters. Measning I don't have the thought nor the concept. Rather brothers and sisters I know meeting in the local churches, go on. Keept meeting. No doubt it's the best place for them to meet. It's just not the best place for my family and I to meet. Within the Body, we each have different needs and I need to be at a place where my need for the building up is met.
Proverbs 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

This fear is perpetuated because there is a lack of fear of the Lord. Rather they are more afraid of elders, being blackballed, etc. Only the truth can set you free from this fear. Only by the Lord's mercy would this sister or brother receive the truth. If the LRC is an environment with this kind of fear of being blackballed then it is truly an evil place.