Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #1115
kisstheson

Default Re: The LCS Factor

Dear ones,

It has now been two full years since I left the LC. I have spent most of those two years re-discovering the riches that abound in the entire Body of Christ. Very recently, this thread has prompted me to spend much time with the Lord going back and considering “the LCS factor” in my own life and in the lives of my family. What really was it that we touched there in the LC? What was pure, refined gold and what was dross? What part of the LC, both the good and the bad, remains with me to this very day?

Right now I have only questions and not many answers. Very unexpectedly, I was reading in the book Simplicity: The Freedom of Letting Go by dear brother Richard Rohr and I came across a section that touched me deeply:

Quote:
The Perils of New Communities

There is a danger in spiritual riches. The corruption of the best is the worst of all. Our gift and our sin are two sides of the same coin . . . We can do the right thing for the wrong reasons. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to do the right thing. The point is that we always have to be mindful of its dark side too. It’s always very humbling to do that . . . The more spiritual it looks, the more dangerous it is. The spiritual life is a very risky adventure, but what’s the alternative?
“There is a danger in spiritual riches. The corruption of the best is the worst of all. Our gift and our sin are two sides of the same coin.” Dear Lord, that really speaks volumes to me and helps to put my LC experience into perspective. Don’t ask me how, dear brothers and sisters, but this word is somehow working inwardly and helping to heal me.

I don’t know what I am trying to say . . . too many conflicting emotions . . . too many things I have not adequately thought through . . . too little maturity on my part . . . All I know is that I love you all in Christ, beloved ones.

May our dear heavenly Father have mercy on us all.