View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #163
JB482

Thumbs down Re: Christ is the Body, "the Body-Christ"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
One aspect of that fulfillment was the genealogy in both Matthew and Luke. These directly and solidly connect Jesus to the OT, the Jews, and the promises of God made to the forefathers.

Not only so they also show the church. See Paul's exposition in Galatians.

According to Paul there are those who are born according to the Flesh, those are Hagar, and there are those who are born according to Promise. They are all sons of Abraham, so calling all the sons of Abraham "Jews" is confusing. We have those according to the promise and those according to the flesh.

I think your interpretation equates Jews with those according to the flesh. I don't see that in the NT. I see the epistle of James as written specifically for Jews having difficulty with this major turn in God's move. If God's grace was suspended to the Jews then there would be no basis for James to write to "the 12 tribes in the dispersion". The fact that they still saw themselves as the tribes of Israel can indicate a lack of vision of what the Lord accomplished, but the gospel is about the Lord calling us out of darkness. If being in darkness was cause for a 2,000 year suspension of grace no one would be saved. At the very least Paul wouldn't have been saved.
Thank you I appreciate your thoughts and comments
JB482 is offline   Reply With Quote