View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #48
TLFisher

Default License to Abuse

"The lack of open discussion among LSM’s leadership reflects a number of factors. First Local Church adherents have been thoroughly indoctrinated with this authority doctrine. W. Nee assigned absolute authority to God’s deputy authority; they answer to God alone. He taught: “God appoints authority...Whether or not a deputy authority is wrong is nobody else's business...We have to...submit to deputy authority...If a deputy authority makes a mistake, we do not...bear any responsibility for his mistake...God only requires [our] obedience.”89 To challenge an LSM doctrine is perceived as an affront to “God’s oracle,” his deputy authority—an act of rebellion. Hence, the doctrine itself puts a “severe chill” on discussion or debate, even when a teaching, like this one, is manifestly erroneous and does serious damage."

When I read these sentences by Nigel, I've heard much the same from other serving brothers. My late uncle who was a responsible brother in many localities. I heard much the same from him. Nigel knows what he's talking about.
I can only say brothers who take this way take there will be temptation to abuse, because that's a fruit of the teaching is abusive behavior. There's no checks and balances for deputy authority to be accountable to brothers and sisters.
If a deputy authority rebuked your child whether in a righteous or unrighteous manner, would you go along with it because even as a parent your obedience to the deputy authority is required?