View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 02:02 AM   #19
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Question of salvation and reconciliation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
I'm wondering about the tone of many of the conversations on here. It just seems the main purpose is to point out flaws of other believers (when we truly all have "warts" - even though mine are so much smaller than yours - I'm joking of course).
While you're wondering about "the tone of many of the conversations on here", may we wonder about your tone as well? Do you really think your joke is appropriate? Many on this forum have been gutted by LC leadership and members. If you really think the "main purpose" is to point out flaws of other believers, you have totally missed the point of the entire forum, and if you really think that's something to joke about, you are clueless.

Quote:
I know, I know - it's supposedly about helping others who are "trapped" in the LC or to help clarify what they went through, etc. But so much of it just seems to me to be made in a critical and judgmental spirit - which is NOT Christ (at least in my humble estimation). We are exhorted to let all we do, be done for building up in love. While intentions seem to be good, if the focus is not Christ, it's futile effort and merely entertainment.
You understand that for you to say “I know, I know” conveys both a dismissive and condescending tone? "Supposedly" about helping others...? Perhaps you should acknowledge your own critical and judgmental spirit. Your "tone" not only minimizes but makes jokes about the pain of your own brothers and sisters who were abused in that system. Can we say your critical and judgmental and dismissive spirit is also NOT Christ?

What is YOUR focus? Is it your "focus" to defend those who abuse the Lord's brothers? Is YOUR focus "Christ"?

Quote:
(I wonder how posts might look if we asked the Lord specifically about what we are saying or how we are responding to someone, before we hit the enter button. I know I have been checked by the Anointing from saying certain things on here.)
Are you assuming that you are the only one who prays about your words, before posting?

Quote:
So I ask - is there any room for love and forgiveness in us, for those in the LC who have been in error (and visa versa)? And where does that start? If we think that it should be others whom the Lord must work in first to repent, I don't know that love and forgiveness will ever happen. (e.g., do we really love those on here who are dogged supporters of all things WL & LC? Or do we say, "Sure I love them in Christ, but" . . . ?)
Here we go. Sure. There is room for love and forgiveness for the LC leadership and members who "have been" and still are in error. But it would really help if you all would repent. That is, have a change of heart and mind. Stop your sinning against your brothers and sisters. Make amends.

Can you be "in error" and "in Christ" at the same time? Can you abuse someone while you are "in Christ"?

"Love and forgiveness" is a two-way street. That's where it starts. You can't expect someone else to "love and forgive" while your sin continues...while your "error" continues. And when someone has had enough abuse, they finally find their voice and begin to TELL THE TRUTH about the one/s abusing them, you accuse them of not loving and not forgiving. This is gross hypocrisy.

Quote:
Does that make sense bro?
To the sober minded man, no. Hypocrisy does not make sense.

But, we've heard this before. There are plenty of posts on this forum like yours...it’s the classic "blame the victim" post. You blame the victim for not being "in Christ" while excusing the abuser who claims to be "in Christ". You expect "love and forgiveness" toward those LC'ers who (admittedly) have been in error, but you have NO love and NO compassion for those who cannot take the abuse any longer. Some of us have finally found our voice to speak the truth to those who have little or no capacity, or will, to hear. As Ohio said, no one is listening.

Nell

Last edited by Nell; 07-30-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote