View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 06:55 AM   #51
Drake

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
4. I don’t even understand the premise, we glory in the Lord. It seems the whole premise of this thread is “thank God I am not like those Christians”.
A fair question and post ZNP.

I’ll clarify. The premise of this thread is to address the objections that people in this forum have toward the phrase Brother Lee made “poor poor Christianity “. I contend he had grounds for it.

We do glory in the Lord and put our trust in Him. Yet, when people lambast Brother Lee, his co-workers, and that little flock day after day in this forum is that their glorying in the Lord?

DistantStar said we should not include heretical groups under the banner of Christianity. Although, it is generally accepted that Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons, and other heretical Christian groups are included in Christianity I agree to set aside those groups as part of the poor poor Christianity debate. I believe we would all agree that if those heretical groups were included almost all or perhaps all would agree in principle that at least those groups characterize poor poor Christianity. Therefore, the links I provided are not about a heretical group but about a group that is historically accepted under the banner of Christianity. That is Episcopalian. Since they are a bonafide member of Christianity then the first proof point for poor poor Christianity is established but I will also concede that in reality we have only proven thus far poor poor Episcopalianism.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote