View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #78
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Quotes and Quips

Mike, when I ran across this quote, one of the first things I thought of was "I bet Mike would like this one...or at least have something to say about it".

Just to be clear, Kevin DeYoung is not, and has never been associated with the "emergent church" movement. In fact he co-authored a book entitled Why We're Not Emergent: By Two Guys Who Should Be DeYoung is indeed associated/affiliated with the Gospel Coalition, and at some point was identified with younger teachers/pastors/church planters known as "The New Calvinist". Some others coined these young Christian leaders as "The Young, Restless and Reformed". While I don't consider myself strictly "reformed", I would say the resurgence of reformed theology and teachings have been a very positive influence among our younger brothers and sisters. (probably a subject for another thread!)

Quote:
And today's quote, while not referenced as being his or a quote of another...
I just always assumed that If there is a name below a quote people would know that it is from that person. Should I be putting quotation marks around the quote to make it more clear?

Thanks for all your valuable contributions to the forum my brother!

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote