View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #63
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Matthew 18 Principle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
W. Lee and the Blendeds used the matter of "private fellowship" to protect or "cover" their perpetrators and send the victims to other cities (forced migration.) For decades LC leadership took advantage of Matt 18 commands, not to find justice for the victims as the Lord desired, but to protect their system.
Hypocrites. I went to have private fellowship with EM over 30 years after his apology to PL. His response "he didn't want to deal with this now". They feel that they can just ignore "private fellowship" forever. If you remember, the last question that Drake was asked before he left this forum for good was how long should we wait before we tell it to the world.

I felt that the NT obligated us to deal with this before partaking of the Lord's table. Drake promised to get back to me on that.

Wherefore whosoever shall eat the bread or drink the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. 1Cor 11:27

21 Ye have heard that it was said to them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire. 23 If therefore thou art offering thy gift at the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee, 24 leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way, first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Matt 5:21-24

Having a "gift before the altar" would not simply be referring to the Lord's table, but any time someone would speak in the meeting. According to WL's interpretation of Leviticus the various offerings are typified in our sharing in the meeting.