View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #44
Jo S

Default Re: Intro of an ex "Church Kid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
"So subjective is my Christ in me..." yes so subjective. And who else would want your subjectivity as their de facto objective reality? No thanks!

Not speaking for kappagamma, but this was her thread, once.

I think this is a valid objection and should be taken on face value. If the Lord's Recovery (LR) teaches that ALL religion is bad, and an ex "Church Kid" realizes that there's nothing in the LR for them, then why not ditch religion altogether?

1. Nobody can prove God exists.
2. Nobody can prove that God raised Jesus from the dead.
3. Nobody can prove that the blood of Jesus does cleanse you from sin.
4. Nobody can prove that there is consciousness after death, which needs forgiveness to avoid suffering, torment etc.

I mean, if the whole thing ends up arguing over declensions and the meaning of the word "nature", then why not just chuck it all? I think that's a pretty good argument.

In my case, I am a Christian because I chose to believe in God (a universe with God somehow seemed 'warmer' than a universe without God [sorry]), and I thought the narrative figure of 'Jesus' still remains the most compelling story of human history. If it wasn't true, I wish it were. So I believe.
It's true that God cannot be proven to exist objectively. He's spirit and invisible, but His qualities can be seen in creation. The LC's however solely rely on subjectivity. This is dangerous in that it allows any feeling, spiritual experience, or epiphany to be defined as being from God as the individual sees fit when in reality that isn't always the case.

God's truth is neither objective nor subjective, it's self-evident and absolute. God is only provable on an individual level but His revelation to us is always the same. Outwardly, you may not have a Saul to Damascus experience but inwardly the same savior and Son is revealed and imprinted on our hearts. The LC's, being cut off from the Lord because of spiritual pride, learned and used mysticism by their own will to pierce the spiritual veil. By this, another Jesus came through; a mysterious, gnostic, and subjective Christ and not the approachable, humble, meek, and lowly Jesus that preached to the poor, fed the hungry, and healed the lepers. If you desire to be a spiritual giant and have a ministry with unique "revelation" that no one else possesses, this is what will come about. You'll be given an exclusive and esoteric Christ, which is no Christ at all.

I remember having a conversation with Evangelical about whether belief alone is enough for an individual's salvation. His argument was that even demons believe in Jesus so it's not enough. The mistake he made, however, was equating the belief of demons that causes fear and trembling to the type of belief that is available to us which is the belief that's an entrusting. This is the type of belief that leads to salvation. Not only do you have to believe that the bible is true you have to trust what is written in it. It's a deep conviction within the heart.

The LC's have cultivated such an atmosphere of mistrust, especially with the current climate that LSM vs GLA creates, it's a miracle that anyone can leave with the ability to trust intact. I believe this is the case for many that have left the LC's and I have no doubt this experience taints and hinders their faith in God. Yet God takes the brunt of our misplaced faith.

There are men and ministries out there that are in right standing with God and can lead you to the Jesus of scripture. I do want to say to kappagamma and those that left the LC, that even if you have totally lost trust in men and ministries altogether you can approach God directly through the mediator himself, Jesus Christ. Don't give up on him!
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote