View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 02:27 AM   #10
aron

Default Re: Intro of an ex "Church Kid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappagamma View Post
The suppression of women is not my thing and I'm not going to be complacent about it. I can't belong to an organization that silences and suppresses and demeans half (or more) of it's population..
The self-serving hypocrisy of lauding female pioneers of the Little Flock/Lord's Recovery (Peace Wang, Dora Yu, ME Barber, Ruth Lee et al), all the while denying them similar current roles, should be called out. Repeatedly, loudly, and insistently: if "women are not allowed to teach" per Paul's dictum then why base "the three parts of man" on citations of Mary E. McDonough's "God's Plan of Redemption"? And similarly Jessie Penn-Lewis and Madame Guyon? Etc Etc?

http://marymcdonough.ccws.org/index.html

It seems clear that WL deliberately and systematically suppressed women (and Brothers We followed suit) for one reason - to eliminate half the potential rivals for power. It's a blatant power play - use them for acquisition and then toss them aside once they're no longer needed (and might pose a threat).