Thread: Truth
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 04:29 AM   #3
aron

Default Re: Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
this video I think relates to the condition of every man and looks at scripture, specifically 'pasha' or the breaking of trust..
Great video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
Here are a few remarks from Watchman Nee and what he believed -- "If the way we take is right, it is always right; it does not become right because this brother is taking this way. If the way we take is wrong, it cannot be made right simply because this brother is taking this way."
First, is there God? Does God exist? That's a personal decision in the path of truth. Perhaps like the "quantum entanglement" dilemma... something that can be inferred, and offers explanatory power, but not objectively "proven". It's a hypothesis more attractive than others, so I believe, and am willing to put the test: "Whoever calls, 'Lord Jesus!' shall be saved" (Rom 10:13; Acts 2:21; cf Joel 2:32). I believe, confess, and try to line with (repent and obey) this revealed God.

So, is this God true?

Psalm 119 - Lamed (NET)

O Lord, your instructions endure;
they stand secure in heaven.
You demonstrate your faithfulness to all generations.
You established the earth and it stood firm.
Today they stand firm by your decrees,
for all things are your servants.
If I had not found encouragement in your law,
I would have died in my sorrow.
I will never forget your precepts,
for by them you have revived me.
I belong to you. Deliver me!
For I seek your precepts.
The wicked prepare to kill me,
yet I concentrate on your rules.
I realize that everything has its limits,
but your commands are beyond full comprehension.

This passage shows that God's word is firm in the heavens. All the heavenly beings know that God's word is good, because God is good, that God's word is faithful because God is faithful, that God's word remains steadfast because God is true (righteous, just). When God speaks, it comes to pass. God can speak "something" to "nothing" and suddenly there it is! All the heavenly beings know this. God's instruction is secure in the heavens, because God is secure in the heavens.

But it's not (yet)secure on earth, because of "transgression", as we see in the video that was linked. But there was a man, who said, "Everything the Father speaks, I do", who is become our Way (John 14:24; 15:10). He is the Way. He's true, just as the Father's word is true. He's the Logos, the Word of God made flesh.

Now, to Watchman Nee's statement: "If the way we take is right..." which implies some derived formulation or methodology like "proper ground", "genuine church life", "God's NT economy", "one city one church", which is now our path, or way. Our path becomes a central or prime dogma, not the person Jesus. This dogma, however, becomes malleable in the hands of sinners. For example, Nee first proclaimed "localism", but later proclaimed "centralism" aka "the Jerusalem principle". Or, in the early years in the Little Flock, women were instrumental, but in the LC 100 years later they were relegated to the back row because "The Bible says..."

Truth in the hands of eathly humanity becomes a cipher -- whatever fallen and confused people want today is supposedly "truth". We shouldn't even say, like Nee, "If the way we take is right..." because the Way we take is Jesus Christ. He's right because he's obedient and the Father is right. He alone is true.

Related, Paul wrote, "Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge." (Rom 3:4; cf Psa 51:4). All of us are like David, caught in a mess. God alone is right and true. So my posts here on this forum are not true, Witness Lee's messages are not true, nor is Watchman Nee's "the way we take"... Jesus alone is true.

But look what Jesus said to Peter, echoing Psalm 51. "I have prayed for you, and when you turn you will strengthen the brothers". Luke 22:32. Peter was false, claiming fealty to Christ. No, Christ was true, and interceding for Peter in his failure, loss and shame. We have this Great High Priest in the heavens. God's word is true, and Christ's intercession is true.

Here is Psalm 51:12,13 "Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners will return to You." Those who practice 'pashad' or transgression will be restored as they see the Righteous One and believe. And their restoration will be a beacon to the sinners around them. Peter became such a beacon, as David centuries before. We all have this opportunity. But it is his fealty, his faithfulness, not ours.