View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 02:20 AM   #32
aron

Default Re: My time in the church

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoveringCK View Post
One is tempted to ask if the leadership of the LC are actually agents of the deceiver. They administering the “church” or “Lord's Recovery” according to Satanic management principles while ignoring biblical principles..
One of the worst crimes perpetrated by Lee on the Christian public was pushing the narrative that somehow God had reached "virgin soil" in sending the gospel to a certain large Asian country that I won't name because of the safety of believers there. Supposedly, God could raise up a "normal Christian church life" there. But it was run according to what RecoveringCK calls Satanic management principles; what Jesus called "the way of the gentiles".

I appreciate Peter in the NT, not because he's brilliant or morally superior but because his failures are so thoroughly covered. Again and again Peter opens mouth and inserts foot, introducing Satanic management practices. My thought is that Peter represents all of us bumbling idiots (if I may be permitted the term). Jesus is the Obedient Son and Peter's the Doofus, the Sinner, representing you and I; he isn't worse than the eleven - no, he's the well-documented exemplar of their cluelessness.

Now, I ask you to imagine if Peter had convinced the Church that he was God's Untouchable Deputy, and every time he made an error everyone had to scramble around to "cover drunken Noah" - what kind of a "normal Christian church life" would that have been? Not very.

We used to sing, "Home, home in the church/it is here that we've ended our search." No, a thousand times no. Jesus commanded us to seek. If we don't search, then we won't find. The local church of Lee is not our home. We belong to the kingdom above. We must keep searching.

Jesus is the Exalted One, raised to the right hand of God and given glory. His is the name above every name, not only which is but which is to come; on earth, in heaven, or under the earth. No one else should presume such placement. He earned it by his sinless life and obedience unto death, "and God has furnished proof to all by raising him from the dead and giving him glory". ~Acts 17:31; 1Pet 1:21

The rest of us, while we're yet in this flesh of sin, would be wise to press on. It's a command, and a promise: "Seek, and ye shall find".