View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 08:18 PM   #31
Bradley

Default Re: A Plague Upon Denominationalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I agree with the point that the denominations are a stain on Christianity.
Yep, this is true, I agree. But it doesn't seem to me that the LC is exempt from being called 'just another denomination'.

The lifestudy of 1Cor (msg 6) points out 1 Cor. 1: 12 how it says that some say "I [am] of Christ" like thats a bad thing - implying that all the other precious believers are not of Christ, because they say they are of Peter or whoever. Good point, I agree with the lifestudy on this point. All believers are of Christ, its terrible to say that you are, and so-and-so isn't.

However, even though the lifestudy teaches this, most LCers fail to practise it in daily life, even coworkers. The reality is, most 'saints' are intrinsically exclusive about being 'of Christ' deep to their core. They might agree outwardly that other Christians are genuine believers also, but they'll still refer to LCers as saints and people in denomination as mere Christians.

I would go as far as to argue that saying "I am of Christ" is worse than saying "I am of Peter" because of its arrogance. Way to shun and exclude the majority of the Body of Christ :|
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote