View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Greetings from a young person currently in the LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
But I encourage you not to throw out the baby with the bath water. Especially not throwing out the common faith, that is, what we believe in as Christians: the Bible is the word of God, there is only one God, He is Father, Son and Spirit, God became a Man in Jesus Christ and died for our sins and was raised on the third day, and ascended to the right hand of God. When you believed in Him, He forgave your sins and you were born of God having eternal life. One day Christ will come back.

I encourage you to take it easy and little by little just read the Bible, no commentaries, no footnotes, nada. Just go before the Lord, into His presence, confess any sins and read the Word in His light. Ask Him to guide you, ask Him what the verses mean. You donīt have to start with anything heavy like Numbers or Hebrews.... jajaja. Maybe start with the gospels....even ask Him which book to read.
Probably the best advise ever given on this forum! The only thing I would add is that you need not worry about throwing out the baby...THE BABY IS THE WORD OF GOD AND THE "COMMON FAITH" as Raptor has described above. EVERYTHING ELSE is under suspicion as being the bathwater. We were NOT "left as orphans" - God has provided us with his Word and with his Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit is not only "the life-giving Spirit", He is the "Spirit of Truth" who is here to "guide us into all truth".

Take care and take heart BJ! The Lord is with you. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Greater is He that died on the cross and rose again and stands as our great Advocate before the Father. Greater is He that boldly proclaimed "I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH!". Greater is He that proclaimed "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me!" Greater is He because it is written: "Let God be true, but every man a liar".
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote