View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
aron

Default Re: Help a concerned FTT trainee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
My sister went to Taiwan when the whole system first started up. And she left early followed by leaving the LRC during the period of the Anaheim storm related to John I, Al K, etc. Unfortunately, it was only for a while. She is back now.

How did that happen? Some smarty-pants young people's leader at the church she was attending had some notions about what she might believe as a result of having been in the LRC and rather than letting her discover errors as they appeared to her, he made points about it somewhat openly and so before she could reject them, she just embraced them and went back.
I've seen a number of people who left the LSM programme go back. They couldn't find Christ in scripture except as defined by the ministry, and couldn't find fellowship in Christ apart from the 'body' as defined by the ministry. They were mentally, emotionally & psychologically compromised. So they re-defined their expectations; instead of the "glorious church life" they said, "Well, everyone has problems" and went back to the LSM LC.

To me, the difference between Lee's ministry and other ministries can be seen with the effect it has on relations with my neighbours. Lee's ministry tended to isolate me from Christ, and also my fellows, apart from the "God's economy" matrix, while other ministries did the opposite. A good book by a Baptist or Catholic or Greek Orthodox scholar wouldn't make me leave my home church, or despise it, but rather would enliven and empower the Christ that I brought into church.

Back in the day we'd say that we were "wrecked and ruined for the [LSM LC] church life". Boy howdy, were we ever. It was tough to go back into Christianity. The tendrils of Lee-thought were deeply entwined. But eventually I was able to break free from those chains.