Thread: manna-man
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
aron

Default Re: manna-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by manna-man View Post

I think the biggest impression I recieved from that body of believers is when several families moved from different localities to Tampa to start a new LC and on our special journey to Tampa we stopped off at different localities and enjoyed incredible hospitality from people we didn't even know! ... We made a few stops along the way and each locality showed a refreshing love for the saints that were making this journey to Florida as well as encouraged us.
I also have received this hospitality in the LCs. But also from non-LC christians. Even from unbelievers! Don't mistakenly think "only in the LC".

Quote:
Originally Posted by manna-man View Post
Again I say what a profound effect this had on me as a child witnessing such love in a refreshing way. Eventually we ended up in Fort Lauderdale where I am until this day. Not damaged in any way but wiser to the spiritual battle we must partake of daily until the end. Yes, there was some negative aspects to my experience in the LC. As there was and is in any part of my walk. Mostly of my own accord.
We'll allow the Lord to worry about that. I just want to make clear that I don't regret one moment of the LC. I personally received encouragement and excellent teaching from the brothers and sisters and look forward to meeting with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
I very much agree. I had many wonderful experiences, received much help and love and light, met many, many dear believers. Any error, as you say correctly, is "mostly of my own accord."

I would just remind us all that the error in the LCs was to think that this fellowship, this "oneness" was only found on Nee's recovered "ground of locality" or some such.

I have been deeply blessed in my years post-LC by many christians who never heard of this group, nor their teachings. So to presume this testimony is only found on the "ground" which is claimed by the LCs is to claim something that only God can bestow. One under this false impression that "we alone have the blessing" can unfortunately become quite provincial in outlook. Any other believers are subsequently regarded not as "us" but as "them", and spoken of with a changed tone of voice, and cautious, qualified words, and furrowed brow.

But other than that small addendum, I loved your testimony, which is very similar to my own (I was greatly blessed by my time in the LCs), and I wish you much peace and grace and courage in your journey ahead.